sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2021 3:45 pm  #1

Entitlement and Egos alive and well on the airwaves

Not just politicians are deaf to Covid bans on nonessential travel!

How can a radio host interview medical experts, frontline healthcare workers and others directly impacted by Covid and still decide that international travel bans are unnecessary or just don’t apply to them?
Their medical experts must be right ticked-off!

Maybe you don’t think travel is a problem but can we not just err on the side of caution and put our desires on the back burner while this pandemic still rages? People are dying for you to understand that you are not so damn special!

January 4, 2021 4:16 pm  #2

Re: Entitlement and Egos alive and well on the airwaves

it all comes down to how long you can hold your breath.
personally, i'm spending some time working on travel plans... a planned trip to the grocery store.

January 5, 2021 11:08 am  #3

Tardis wrote:

Jerry Agar, I assume?

as if I didn't have reason to detest Agar's steady stream of bombastic BS before .. 

January 5, 2021 4:07 pm  #4

I happened to be listening when Agar was going on about his wonderful vacation in Florida... how he shared a hot tub with a group of frollicking kids until he felt a bit uncomfortable and got out.  He repeatedly asked listeners who did not approve of what he did..."how did that hurt you?"  He also asked how could he be doing something bad... because he's not a political leader.
I'll tell you how that hurts maybe not me... but other human beings.
1.  You expose yourself to the virus in one of the world's hot spots.  That means you can become a carrier and infect others.
2. You put your family members at risk too... and of course yourself.  That means you could be a burden on the heath care system if you need medical treatment when you return to Canada.
3. No you're not a political leader... but people listen to you and take your opinions seriously (I don't but never mind)  I can well imagine an Agar listener saying to others... Well it must be OK to travel during COVID... Gerry did it.
I could go on. 

January 5, 2021 5:00 pm  #5

newsguy1 wrote:

...his wonderful vacation in Florida...

The Teabagger's Mantra: "Give me pleasure and convenience or give me death! "

January 5, 2021 7:06 pm  #6

newsguy1 wrote:

I happened to be listening when Agar was going on about his wonderful vacation in Florida... how he shared a hot tub with a group of frollicking kids until he felt a bit uncomfortable and got out.  He repeatedly asked listeners who did not approve of what he did..."how did that hurt you?"  He also asked how could he be doing something bad... because he's not a political leader.
1.  You expose yourself to the virus in one of the world's hot spots.  That means you can become a carrier and infect others.
2. You put your family members at risk too... and of course yourself.  That means you could be a burden on the heath care system if you need medical treatment when you return to Canada.
3. No you're not a political leader... but people listen to you and take your opinions seriously (I don't but never mind)  I can well imagine an Agar listener saying to others... Well it must be OK to travel during COVID... Gerry did it.
I could go on. 

Amen, and Amen.

January 5, 2021 8:36 pm  #7

Chrisphen wrote:

newsguy1 wrote:

...his wonderful vacation in Florida...

The Teabagger's Mantra: "Give me pleasure and convenience or give me death! "

So true of so many!

Last edited by Media Observer (January 5, 2021 8:38 pm)

January 5, 2021 8:38 pm  #8

Dial Twister wrote:

newsguy1 wrote:

I could go on. 

Amen, and Amen.

👍 and 👍

January 8, 2021 10:15 pm  #9

newsguy1 wrote:

I could go on. 

Exactly! What a gaslighter to ask “how did that hurt you?”

The real question is who did Jerry hurt by acting like the pandemic is a piece of fiction and pandemic rules do not apply to he and his family?  Florida and Texas, no troubles there!

Is NewsTalk 1010 just playing me? Their insincerity and lack of accountability is very troubling.

Last edited by Denim (January 9, 2021 1:09 pm)