sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2020 4:03 pm  #1

City TV's Ginella Massa Jumps To CBC News Network

She was the first newscaster in Canada to anchor a newscast wearing a hijab. Now the CBC has come calling for Ginella Massa, who will debut a show at 8 PM in November on CBC News Network. 

Ginella Massa jumps to CBC to helm new weeknight program  

October 30, 2020 1:08 pm  #2

Re: City TV's Ginella Massa Jumps To CBC News Network

Looking forward to seeing her again. Saw her when she was at CTV Kitchener.

November 3, 2020 3:53 pm  #3

I was surprised to see her anchoring CityNews at 11 on Monday night. Unless she's working out the final days of a contract, most stations take talent off the air as soon as it's announced that they're going somewhere else. 

November 3, 2020 4:06 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

I was surprised to see her anchoring CityNews at 11 on Monday night. Unless she's working out the final days of a contract, most stations take talent off the air as soon as it's announced that they're going somewhere else. 

I have a feeling it could be because she's going to CBC news network vs a local news outlet.   Cable vs local tv could be argued that they are not on the same level competitively. 

November 3, 2020 10:20 pm  #5

radiokid wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

I have a feeling it could be because she's going to CBC news network vs a local news outlet.   Cable vs local tv could be argued that they are not on the same level competitively. 

Perhaps both apply. Riding out a contract and going to a source that Rogers does not view as being an attack on a no compete clause. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 8, 2021 5:36 pm  #6

She starts her new gig for the CBC on Monday. That's led to a Toronto Star profile.

Journalist Ginella Massa steps into national spotlight as host of Canada Tonight

January 8, 2021 6:09 pm  #7

RadioActive wrote:

She starts her new gig for the CBC on Monday. That's led to a Toronto Star profile.

Journalist Ginella Massa steps into national spotlight as host of Canada Tonight

When I think of Canada Tonight I still think of the national newscast from BCTV that aired on CHCH and briefly Global in Ontario from 1994-2001. It was the predecessor to Global National.

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (January 8, 2021 6:10 pm)