sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2021 10:49 am  #1

"Aircheck" Podcast Delivers Inside Radio Stories

SOWNY member Toronto Mike does a great job in covering local media stars. But if you're interested in behind-the-scenes radio revelations from the U.S. and elsewhere, you might want to check out something called the Airchecks podcast. It was started by two Philadelphia broadcasting vets and features interviews, anecdotes and strange stories about what happened during the radio careers of various major market personalities. 

Among them: a two-parter featuring Danny Bonaduce, the one time child star of The Partridge Family who grew up to become a syndicated - and very troubled - radio personality. 

All of the programs incorporate generous amounts of actual airchecks into the show, which makes them even better.

It's not for everyone, but I've always found radio stories are beyond what people in other professions experience on a daily basis. I'm willing to bet most who worked in the biz have endless stories to tell about some of the stranger things that happened to them in that setting. And as I've always said, "it beats working in an office." 

You can find the podcasts here