sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2021 6:36 pm  #1

Early Bob Dylan Appearance on CBC ( Feb 1964)

Just saw this on the Steve Hoffman Forum.  A full half hour show of Dylan on a CBC show called Quest. Dylan related so it's bound to disappear from You Tube anytime. Somewhat akin to that Joni Mitchel radio station tape that was discovered last year. 

The person who posted it wrote :

The setup is a bit strange (beatnik types lounge around a log cabin while Dylan sings among them) but the performances are amazing.

but he was soon corrected on that point by this and that one logger who gets up to light someone's cigarrette looks very familiar.  Edit:  I think that logger may be Michael Zenon who appreared on the show Forrest Rangers

And those aren't beatnik types. They're supposed to be workers at a logging camp.

Last edited by Fitz (January 1, 2021 7:25 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

January 2, 2021 4:16 am  #2

Re: Early Bob Dylan Appearance on CBC ( Feb 1964)

this performance, or at least portions of it, has/have been available online for several years.

January 2, 2021 12:16 pm  #3

Re: Early Bob Dylan Appearance on CBC ( Feb 1964)

Thank you, thank you, Fitz.  Over the years I have only seen clips of this show.  I had forgotten that the Great Darryl Duke was behind this.  Say what you want about the CBC; but back then they were ahead of their time.  A truly historical film. Recorded February 1, 1964.  R.I.P. Mr. Duke.

Last edited by John D (January 2, 2021 12:22 pm)