sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2020 11:43 am  #1

Music Documentaries All Day January 1st

For those that receive the Documentary Channel on cable might find the programming on January 1st interesting.  24 hours of music documentaries with a couple of goodies with Johnny Cash:American Rebel, Almost Almost Famous, and others featuring Charley Pride, Randy Bachman and one entitled My Generation hosted by Michael Caine.
https://www.cbc.ca/documentarychannel/docs/happy-new-years-music-docs-all-day-long

December 30, 2020 2:43 pm  #2

Re: Music Documentaries All Day January 1st

I've seen the first four you mentioned and recommend them all. When they stick to actual documentaries (as opposed to "filler" CBC repeats),  Documentary is a good channel.

December 31, 2020 12:06 pm  #3

Yes I agree, most of their documentaries are really worth watching, as they are on CBC News Network.  News Network showed the Rise and Fall of the Big 8 quite a few times years ago.  A great documentary on the legendary CKLW Radio. 

December 31, 2020 1:47 pm  #4

paterson1 wrote:

Yes I agree, most of their documentaries are really worth watching, as they are on CBC News Network.  News Network showed the Rise and Fall of the Big 8 quite a few times years ago.  A great documentary on the legendary CKLW Radio. 

A great piece and one I wish aired more often.

I was amazed at the number of well known broadcasters who at one time worked there.  Their recollections are priceless!