sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2020 11:30 am  #31

Re: Here We Go Again: CHFI Goes All Xmas At 5 PM Monday

RadioActive wrote:

Tuned into CHFI Wednesday for the first time in decades, just long enough to discover that they're no longer playing Xmas music. I'm not sure when the endless Christmas cash-in concluded. Anyone know? I honestly thought they might continue until Jan. 1st.

We often discuss here when it's too early to go. I wonder how they determine when it's time to stop. 

Thank god.  

December 30, 2020 11:48 am  #32

It seems like even the stations that weren't wall-to-wall Christmas music were getting into the spirit. Both Boom and Zoomer seemed to be playing generous amounts of yuletide tunes mixed in with their regular music beginning around the beginning of December. I'm not sure what Zoomer was doing previous years, as I just started listening to them regularly earlier this year, but I don't seem to recall Boom getting into the Christmas tunes quite as early as they did this year. Also, this year they played Christmas music right up until midnight on the 25th, whereas I think in previous years they played it until about 12 noon and then reverted back to regular music.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

December 30, 2020 12:26 pm  #33

Paul Jeffries wrote:

It seems like even the stations that weren't wall-to-wall Christmas music were getting into the spirit. Both Boom and Zoomer seemed to be playing generous amounts of yuletide tunes mixed in with their regular music beginning around the beginning of December. I'm not sure what Zoomer was doing previous years, as I just started listening to them regularly earlier this year, but I don't seem to recall Boom getting into the Christmas tunes quite as early as they did this year. Also, this year they played Christmas music right up until midnight on the 25th, whereas I think in previous years they played it until about 12 noon and then reverted back to regular music.

PJ

Zoomer radio in my opinion had the most interesting Christmas music, and by far the most variety.  And even right before Christmas, when I listened anyway, they still had regular tunes mixed in with the Christmas cuts.  But some of the Christmas material was really different like selections from James Brown or Ray Charles.  And they would play some more contemporary artists and newer cuts too.  Well done Zoomer!  They played everything...but didn't over do it and didn't repeat some of the classic Christmas hits over and over like some other stations!

Last edited by paterson1 (December 30, 2020 12:29 pm)