sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2020 12:10 pm  #1

Maybe This is Too Political, So I Won't Post The Story!

CBC News kicked off an investigation into the governments record spending during the pandemic.  It continues tonight on the national and there is a good overview today on CBC.ca   The Liberals won't like it. But since it is political and I don't want to compromise the integrity of SOWNY, you will need to go there yourself!  

December 7, 2020 12:58 pm  #2

Re: Maybe This is Too Political, So I Won't Post The Story!

I still remember an interview with astronaut Chris Hadfield asking if he would entertain the idea of going into politics.  He dismissed the idea immediately saying that he didn't want to to be automatically hated by half the population.

That's kind of the situation that COVID has thrust pretty much every government into.  No matter what they do, they're basically screwed.  Regardless of their political stripe, someone will yell at them for not "doing it right". 

You just can't win.

December 7, 2020 1:42 pm  #3

Sort of forgot an important detail. The report is a series this week called The Big Spend.  It is all about the amount the federal government has been spending, is there proper oversite, is all the money necessary, and how transparent has the government been on what  money has been spent on so far.  Anyway, interesting investigative reporting and it continues tonight. 

December 9, 2020 2:28 am  #4

But isn't the CBC the mouthpiece of the Liberal government?  That's what everyone here says.

December 9, 2020 10:36 am  #5

Prod Guy wrote:

But isn't the CBC the mouthpiece of the Liberal government?  That's what everyone here says.

Yes, and CBC Headquarters orders its pizzas from Comet Ping Pong pizzeria in Washington, DC, too.

December 9, 2020 12:52 pm  #6

Dial Twister wrote:

Prod Guy wrote:

Yes, and CBC Headquarters orders its pizzas from Comet Ping Pong pizzeria in Washington, DC, too.

Be sure to check out the "basement".