sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2020 9:05 pm  #1

Is John Scholes Setting Some Kind Of GTA Radio Record?

I've heard of freelancing, but this takes the cake. And part of the icing. It makes me wonder if John Scholes has set a record for most continuous appearances on the most GTA radio stations in a single week. Consider:

-The former Q107 jock hosts the Employment Hour three times a week on CFMJ, aka GNR640. (And he also does a TV version for Global.)

-He's the main attraction on Sauga 960's newly launched afternoon drive show.

-And he's the host who fronts The Disability Law Show on NT1010 every Saturday. 

Plus he's also advertising himself as being available for voice over and commercial work, which could land him on other stations, as well, in the form of spots.

That means he appears on three different local stations in the exact same week, and in some cases on consecutive days. I can't recall anyone in this market ever - even with paid programming - having that much exposure on three stations almost at once. Good for him but it definitely seems odd to me that they'd all allow it. 

October 24, 2020 11:36 pm  #2

Re: Is John Scholes Setting Some Kind Of GTA Radio Record?

john was one of my ops when i was on-air weekends on 640 (back in the day). good for him!

October 31, 2020 9:12 am  #3

Charlie wrote:

Never listen to the Employment Hour.  Never listen to 960.  Never listen to the Disability Law show.
John Who?

Ha! You're not the only one!!! LOL. We also air the aforementioned shows on CFRA in Ottawa and CKNW in Vancouver, both live. Yeah, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest!! - Scholes

October 31, 2020 5:34 pm  #4

Go Johnny boy, go!!!!