sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2020 11:00 am  #1

Where Toronto goes to get answers. Sometimes

Happened to catch a snippet of Jerry Agar on 1010 this morning.  He was talking about a protest on the weekend at Yonge and Dundas Square by some unknown group.  Agar thought it was amusing that nobody seemed to know what the protest was, and said it sounded more like a "mob."  But he made no effort himself (or his researchers) to find out what the protest was.  I Googled "Weekend Toronto protest" and within seconds a site popped up for the Guarda security company listing a Toronto protest at noon on Saturday, Yonge and Dundas Square.  It was an anti-COVID-19 restrictions protest.  They usually demand an end to mask wearing and that there be no restrictions on any size party you want to have anywhere.  I guess Agar was right, it was a "mob."   I don't know if he ever bothered to do his own search, however.

November 3, 2020 9:06 am  #2

Re: Where Toronto goes to get answers. Sometimes

How many of those idiots are actually dual citizenship Trump supporters? lol 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 3, 2020 3:47 pm  #3

Re: Where Toronto goes to get answers. Sometimes

One day last week a protest of some kind shut down the Bloor Viaduct at evening rush hour. AM640 reported it but also did not identify the group.

I expect that is not so much negligence or ignorance, but rather a policy not to offer free air to the group, whoever they are. Sort of like how live TV sports generally no longer show people who encroach onto the field, disrobed or otherwise.

Don't feed the birds unless you want them to keep coming back.