sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2020 10:25 am  #1

Netflix Hiking Prices For Some In Canada, But It's All 'For You'

Depending on what package you subscribe to, Netflix Canada is about to ding you for more money. While the basic plan of $9.99 remains the same, those on a monthly rate will have to fork over another buck, while premium customers will face a hike of a twonie every 30 days. 

My favourite part of this is that the company explains they're doing it for you - it's all so they can afford to produce more and even better programming and, in perhaps the weasel-iest words yet, improve the "quality of members’ product experience," certainly a phrase dreamt up by some PR person, which sounds good but means absolutely nothing. 

Netflix, of course, is one of the companies that has benefited greatly from the pandemic, with many people stuck at home signing up to watch the service. That bonanza, apparently, was not enough and the new prices will hit subscribers here over the next few weeks. 

Netflix Canada raising prices for standard, premium subscribers 

October 8, 2020 10:44 am  #2

Re: Netflix Hiking Prices For Some In Canada, But It's All 'For You'

I'm wondering if Netflix USA will eventually merge with someone to become a monster company of some sort.
How much they'll charge for the service at that point is anyone's guess though.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 8, 2020 10:45 pm  #3

Re: Netflix Hiking Prices For Some In Canada, But It's All 'For You'

I  don't have a problem with it. It's the best value in entertainment. For less than the price of one meal at McDonald's per month you have access to more movies and TV shows than you could ever hope to watch.

I absolutely love Netflix. It's cheap, it always works and it's always getting better.

Last edited by Prod Guy (October 8, 2020 10:46 pm)