sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2020 9:31 am  #1

Jon Pole Turns Up In The Most Unexpected Place

Just weeks after he disappeared from his old show on CFRB, Jon Pole turned up on the most unlikely place you might imagine - WABC New York. I happened to be listening after Cousin Brucie's program on Saturday, when a host named Walter M. Sterling came on for his regular shift. (He does a syndicated Sunday night show in the U.S., but does a one-off local stint on 770 the night before.)

His first guest was introduced as one of "Canada's foremost talk show hosts", Jon Pole, from CJAD Montreal. (He still does a show there, though he's off the air in Toronto.) 

Exactly why Pole was there, I still can't figure out. Despite all the Trump-in-hospital craziness going on in the U.S., they barely talked about him. In fact, I can't really recall WHAT they talked about or why he was there. There didn't seem to be any point to his presence and after about 15 minutes, the segment ended. 

But at least he got his 15 minutes of fame across the border on one of the most powerful radio stations in the U.S., so good for Jon Pole. It's just too bad they'd turned off the echo by then. 

October 5, 2020 3:03 pm  #2

Re: Jon Pole Turns Up In The Most Unexpected Place

How did he get across the border, or was it a phoner?

Last edited by John D (October 5, 2020 3:04 pm)

October 5, 2020 3:20 pm  #3

Re: Jon Pole Turns Up In The Most Unexpected Place

A phoner. But I just wish they'd dealt with some substance. 

Apparently, Sterling is also a radio consultant, and may have done some work for the Bell radio stations, which may explain how he knows Pole.