sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2020 8:58 pm  #1

Another U.S. Morning Show Coming To A Toronto FM

It's not on a station that you can get very well in many parts of the city, but Evanov's Proud FM (103.9) is bringing American Elvis Duran's program to its morning show. It's the first Canadian affiliate for the longtime gay broadcaster and it debuts October 5th. I'm not sure what happens to Proud's current morning crew, but it's obviously not good news for them.  

As far as I know, Elvis Duran's name has only come up here once before in this thread from 2017.

Elvis Duran Debuts In Toronto 

Elvis Duran website

About Elvis Duran

September 28, 2020 9:39 pm  #2

Re: Another U.S. Morning Show Coming To A Toronto FM

RadioActive wrote:

I'm not sure what happens to Proud's current morning crew, but it's obviously not good news for them.

Well, goes to show what I know about this station, which I can barely get over the air and don't listen to. According to Broadcast Dialogue, they apparently had no real morning show, which is pretty surprising for a Toronto radio station, even a small one. 

"Jaret Sereda...the station’s new dedicated Brand Manager...told Broadcast Dialogue that most recently, the station had just been running music and news in the morning time slot."

September 28, 2020 10:26 pm  #3

In all fairness. is 103.9 making any money? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 29, 2020 8:39 pm  #4

Radiowiz wrote:

Maybe? I'm surprised. I posted here that I thought they'd shut it down once it became clear they couldn't use it to leverage a better signal for 103.5.

They've given it a new logo too.

Costs them nothing to run this show, so....why not?

September 30, 2020 2:05 am  #5

RadioAaron wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

I'm surprised. I posted here that I thought they'd shut it down once it became clear they couldn't use it to leverage a better signal for 103.5.
Costs them nothing to run this show, so....why not?

This is where your point has room to grow in strength. They can now demonstrate that they really have done everything they can to make 103.9 viable/profitable as best as they can.  
What happens next is now anyone's guess...

Last edited by Radiowiz (September 30, 2020 2:07 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.