sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2020 8:30 pm  #1

A tweet leads to a writing role on the Simpsons for local Toronto man

This is kind of cool. It's what happens when destiny, going for it, asking and timing all meet at once, you get asked to write a Simpson's Episode. 

Here's more on the story...

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2020/08/16/simpson-eh-gta-man-writes-episode-for-long-running-show-after-pitching-executive-producer-on-twitter.html

So, here is my question for a discussion, what happened when you got your break into the industry?

For me it was meeting the VP of Telemedia Radio, when I was still in school...and then an opportunity came up and I took it...(there is more to the story, but it was pretty darn cool when it happened)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

August 16, 2020 9:38 pm  #2

Re: A tweet leads to a writing role on the Simpsons for local Toronto man

=12px>> what happened when you got your break into the industry?

I knew someone who was doing the hockey agate (statistics) job at CP. It was an entry job. He didn't want to do it anymore, so I replaced him, moved to editorial the next year and wound up spending 35 years in the place. My dream was always to work at a news agency so it worked out.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

September 27, 2020 3:10 pm  #3

Re: A tweet leads to a writing role on the Simpsons for local Toronto man

For those interested, this episode is the debut for season 32. It airs tonight (Sunday, Sept. 27) at 8 PM on Fox (if the football game ends in time) and City TV.  (Not sure if the Canadian station has to delay the showing, since City's signal doesn't really reach the U.S.)