sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2020 8:35 pm  #1

A TV Show for Seniors? Put away the Geritol and grab the converter...

Montreal TV show personality Sonia Benezra along with CREA TV is launching a new TV show geared at the Senior's Market...It is a popular market with advertisers as I seem to notice numerous ads and products geared towards this segment.

Plus, since seniors have gotten bad treatment from medical facilities and homes, the timing for this kind of programming maybe pretty bang on.

Here's more on the show, the host and her impressions of the crazy "media" business and their lack of taking risks...
https://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/tv-personality-sonia-benezra-puts-focus-on-seniors-in-new-talk-show

Enjoy and comment on her view of media not being open to trying something new...(I tend to agree)...media is very formatted and other than the hosts, I can't tell the difference between T.V. shows and radio shows...

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 23, 2020 9:51 pm  #2

Re: A TV Show for Seniors? Put away the Geritol and grab the converter...

When I first read this I got another case of "oh god I'm getting old" (fact is, I already am) but then I realized we're all in this together.  The "cute chick" I watched whenever she crossed over and worked at Much Music in the 80s is now pushing 60 -- just like me.  The "seniors" she's aiming at are the same people who watched her 40 years ago.

It's cyclical.  80 years ago it was radio, then tv came along.  Now it's streaming.  40 years hence it will be something else we haven't come up with yet.

So yeah.  The time for this programming is right -- for us, anyway.

September 23, 2020 10:08 pm  #3

Peter the K wrote:

When I first read this I got another case of "oh god I'm getting old" (fact is, I already am) but then I realized we're all in this together.  The "cute chick" I watched whenever she crossed over and worked at Much Music in the 80s is now pushing 60 -- just like me.  The "seniors" she's aiming at are the same people who watched her 40 years ago.

do be quiet now.  I had to drink a boost and ride my cubbi compact elliptical for an extra 3 minutes after reading this.

September 24, 2020 9:06 am  #4

splunge wrote:

do be quiet now.  I had to drink a boost and ride my cubbi compact elliptical for an extra 3 minutes after reading this.

Boost is only good once you've added some bourbon to it.  That'll make your wheels spin.