sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2020 8:22 pm  #1

GM Lorie Russell is leaving Jazz FM...the search is on for a new GM

Lorie Russell, a radio sales vet is moving on from her GM post at Jazz FM...my insiders tell me it has been a difficult run, with more challenges than she bargained for.

First of all she took over when the new board came in and then had to manage the aftermath of the previous board, the scandals and allegations. Then of course, managing a non-profit, donor supported radio station in an pandemic is not easy task, especially when you can't interact with listeners at events, offer give-a-ways, live events at the Long and McQuade studio at Jazz FM and sponsor festivals and club events...

It has only been recently that the Rex and a few other venues have opened up to host live music.

Here is more on the story and my question is does this job interest you? Would you do it? If you would, why and if not why not?

https://radioink.com/2020/09/23/russell-leaving-jazz-fm-toronto/

They are hiring a replacement...

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (September 23, 2020 8:24 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 23, 2020 8:32 pm  #2

Re: GM Lorie Russell is leaving Jazz FM...the search is on for a new GM

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Here is more on the story and my question is does this job interest you? Would you do it? If you would, why and if not why not?

Hard pass. Reporting to a board, as a small operation, is a nightmare. The job posting talks about increasing ratings -- when the board doesn't understand radio and your donating listeners resist any attempt at modernization? Not to mention ongoing dysfunction in the halls? No thanks. If Lorie couldn't, I'm not sure who can.