sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2020 2:05 pm  #1

Sports Radio Talk Show Hosts Get Into Swearing Match Fight On The Air

Ever wonder how well Ryan & Jay really get along on NT1010 when the mics are off?

How about Stafford & Supriya? 

Or any of the duos who populate the world of sports talk radio? 

They always sound like good friends on air and for the most part, they usually are. But it doesn't always work that way. I once did a late night talk show with a co-host and we never really got along. He was a nice enough guy, but we couldn't have been more different. Talk about the Odd Couple. He was obsessed with sports. I couldn't care less about it. I love arcane trivia, which would make him roll his eyes. The contrast, I guess, is what made the partnership mostly work. On air, we sounded OK. Off air, we went our separate ways, didn't talk much and never socialized. But we didn't hate each other.

Which brings me to KFNC-FM Houston, otherwise known as ESPN 97.5. An argument broke out among two show hosts Tuesday that became so vociferous, they started to swear at each other on the air and their mics were finally killed by the producer. If I hadn't watched the accompanying video, I might have thought this was a publicity stunt. Afterwards, I have to say it seems real. 

Here are the details on how this came to be. But if you just want to watch this disturbing two minute video, which just keeps getting worse and worse, you can see it here. It certainly seems very unprofessional. I wonder if it's game over for their on-air partnership - or their careers. Or maybe, more people will tune in just to hear what happens next. 

September 16, 2020 6:37 pm  #2

Re: Sports Radio Talk Show Hosts Get Into Swearing Match Fight On The Air

Creighton has actually done national work solo on one of the lower rung sports radio networks. He wasn’t good then, either.

Last edited by Radio111 (September 16, 2020 6:40 pm)