sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2020 6:08 pm  #1

You're Not Listening To Cousin Brucie?

'til 9 p.m. tonight

WABC.com

Dig it

September 5, 2020 9:11 pm  #2

Re: You're Not Listening To Cousin Brucie?

I'd be curious to hear from those who listened  

Brucie got weeks of build up & promotion on WABC

Did he do good or flat flat?

September 5, 2020 9:13 pm  #3

I only got to hear the last half hour, unfortunately. But it sounded almost exactly like his SiriusXM show, albeit with different jingles and more prominent echo. Nice to have music back on 770 though. 

September 5, 2020 9:52 pm  #4

The NYC Radio Message Board is lighting up...

https://nyrmb.com/

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

September 6, 2020 10:29 am  #5

I listened to the first two hours of the Cousin Brucie program last night on WABC.  I thought it was good, Cousin Brucie comes across as a warm, friendly personable guy.  Liked all of the call in's and guests during the show.  He is a real family oriented person with call in's from his daughters, grandkids and his wife was with him in the studio.

There was a lot of talk, but this would be expected on the first show.  All of the old WABC jingles were there and he did get the reverb!

I never listened to Cousin Brucie growing up and didn't hear his Sirius XM radio show very often, so to my ears he sounded fine, and similar to what I remember on the satellite show.

Listening to other times slots on WABC, it sounds like they are pretty entrenched with the talk format, so I doubt if they will be adding other music shows or moving more to a music format.   Right now they are #22 with a 1.4 share in the 52 stations listed in the NY Arbitron ratings.

It is interesting that WABC sounds like a local independent station (which they are) and very New York which to me has got to be a big plus.  Cousin Brucie fits in perfectly.

Wasn't aware that the number one station is NY was Spanish with WSKQ FM and a format called Spanish Tropical, which highlights music from Spanish speaking countries in the Caribbean.