sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2020 12:26 pm  #1

The old 1510 AM CKOT Tillsonburg transmitter location

CKOT 1510 AM from Tillsonburg Ontario signed off in 2013 after simulcasting for several years with its new FM frequency at 107.3. It had a bit of notoriety as the last Canadian daytime AM station. I remember being in the Tillsonburg area in early 2013 and tuning the AM signal. Although the carrier was strong the modulation was very low. I had to really turn up the radio volume control to hear it. Perhaps a weak tube or two in the transmitter?

Anyway, I was taking to a couple of people that were familiar with the station, they recalled it had three towers but  could not remember where the transmitter site was located. Google gives conflicting information suggesting two locations; one near Courtland and the other near Langton. I know its a long shot but does anyone on this board remember anything about the location or any other info.

Thanks

Last edited by darcyh (August 24, 2020 12:27 pm)

August 24, 2020 2:31 pm  #2

Re: The old 1510 AM CKOT Tillsonburg transmitter location

The three-tower array was south of Courtland off the south side of county road 21, just east of county road 23. 

I have pictures, somewhere, from the last days of AM operation there...

August 25, 2020 12:00 pm  #3

Re: The old 1510 AM CKOT Tillsonburg transmitter location

fybush wrote:

The three-tower array was south of Courtland off the south side of county road 21, just east of county road 23. 

I have pictures, somewhere, from the last days of AM operation there...

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.