sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2020 11:24 am  #1

In a State of emergency the U.S. President controls your technology

From the did you know files...

If there ever was a state of emergency in the U.S. POTUS, can take control of your phone, radio, TV and even your lights, that is immense. 

My question is this is all well and good, but can he balance the budget?

Here is more on the story.

https://reason.com/2019/02/15/in-a-state-of-emergency-the-president-ca/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

August 11, 2020 2:13 pm  #2

Re: In a State of emergency the U.S. President controls your technology

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 11, 2020 6:45 pm  #3

It will eventually go away. From what I have heard and read, the numbers there are overinflated. Florida and Texas mainstream outlets have even reported that.

August 11, 2020 8:15 pm  #4

Radio111 wrote:

It will eventually go away.

Enjoy your clorox bleach soda.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 11, 2020 9:29 pm  #5

Radio111 wrote:

It will eventually go away. From what I have heard and read, the numbers there are overinflated. Florida and Texas mainstream outlets have even reported that.

👎👎

August 12, 2020 5:20 am  #6

Nice to get attacked for having a difference of opinion. The Hong Kong flu eventually went away, remember that? If you are too young, read up on it.

Here’s just one of the many Florida false reporting stories.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/07/15/high-coronavirus-positive-case-rate-reveals-flaws-in-florida-department-of-health-report/

August 12, 2020 7:55 am  #7

Radio111 wrote:

Nice to get attacked for having a difference of opinion.

Generally, 'round these here parts, falsehoods and conspiracy theories are what receive attacks. However, feel free to side yourself with the golfing-while-COVID19-rages Liar-in-Chief, as he takes the 'formerly-great' America down in flames.

Oh, and if you don't comprehend the "down in flames" assessment, or the serial-lying, perhaps a respite from OANN, Brietbart and Faux News will provide some fresh oxygen (in the form of reality) which inevitably leads to clearer thinking. Come on in, the water's fine.

August 13, 2020 12:42 pm  #8

So posting news articles from TV stations (hardly conspiracy theories) is considered a falsehood? Perhaps you are the biased one who needs to open their eyes.

August 13, 2020 1:00 pm  #9

This is the kind of polarizing stuff that drives Admins. crazy. It really doesn't belong here and I guess I'm going to have to shut this thread down - something I'm loathe to do. There are literally thousands of places to take these arguments on the web. I'm sorry to say I don't think SOWNY is one of them.

I really like what we have going here folks. I'd hate to see it lead to a huge defection of users, which has happened in the past when stuff got out of hand. 

Neither side is ever likely to agree with the other and the strangest part of it is - we in Canada don't get a say in the outcome in any event! So thanks for all the input. Believe me, judging from my off board email, all your comments have been heard!

I know some here will hate this decision. But I want to stop this war of words before it escalates into a far bigger battle. What's the Internet equivalent of a nuclear device? Yeah, let's not let it get that far...