sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2020 9:02 pm  #1

For All You SOWNY Jeopardy & Wheel Of Fortune Fans

July 28, 2020 9:21 pm  #2

Re: For All You SOWNY Jeopardy & Wheel Of Fortune Fans

Alex Trebek is being treated for Stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I believe the survival rate for this disease is something like only 2% - and then if you get to it early. (I know how bad it can be – a few years ago, my sister-in-law was diagnosed with it in late May. She was gone by early July.)

I suppose it’s up to Trebek, who may well want to go out with his boots on as the old expression goes. But for someone that immunocompromised, I can’t believe he’d be going back to a bustling TV studio with contestants and production crews and take this chance with the virus still running rampant – especially in California.

He’s either very brave or figures he has little to lose. But I’m surprised the show’s insurance company would let him take that chance.

Anyway, good for him. I hope he’s around for a long time. Even though, sadly, the odds are against him.

September 3, 2020 3:27 pm  #3

Jeopardy returns to the airwaves on September 14, 2020;  with some changes.

https://tvline.com/2020/09/03/jeopardy-returns-new-episodes-alex-trebek-ken-jennings/

Last edited by Media Observer (September 3, 2020 4:16 pm)

September 3, 2020 5:21 pm  #4

Sadly, Art Fleming had the same thing, though of course he wasn’t hosting Jeopardy at the time.