sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2020 2:48 pm  #1


Rogers is in a financial tailspin

Rogers has taken a Covid financial hit into the double digit territory. Decreases in ad revenues due to sports properties not having sufficient content and wireless sectors took the biggest hit...

Here's more on the losses at everyone's favourite provider...

 https://financialpost.com/telecom/covid-19-crisis-takes-a-double-digit-bite-out-of-rogers-earnings


My question is does Rogers have to change the ad jingle to, "We can make less" instead of "We can make more"?


 

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (July 22, 2020 8:22 pm)


The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...
 

July 22, 2020 4:49 pm  #2


Re: Rogers is in a financial tailspin

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Rogers has taken a Covid financial hit into the double digit territory. Decreases in ad revenues due to sports properties not having sufficient content and wireless sectors took the biggest hit...

Here's more on the losses at everyone's favourite provider...

 https://financialpost.com/telecom/covid-19-crisis-takes-a-double-digit-bite-out-of-rogers-earnings


My question is does Rogers have to change the ad jingle to, "We can make less" instead of "We can make more"


 

"We can make more"?  Is that what that stupid jingle was?  I heard it a thousand times, and never could figure out what she was saying. 
 

 

July 22, 2020 7:29 pm  #3


Re: Rogers is in a financial tailspin

Charlie wrote:

"We can make more"?  Is that what that stupid jingle was?  I heard it a thousand times, and never could figure out what she was saying. 
 

Yes! Here is the actual song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V4EyS6pnxw

 

July 23, 2020 9:27 am  #4


Re: Rogers is in a financial tailspin

torontostan wrote:

Charlie wrote:

"We can make more"?  Is that what that stupid jingle was?  I heard it a thousand times, and never could figure out what she was saying. 
 

Yes! Here is the actual song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V4EyS6pnxw

These are the only moments I am not mad to be on hold when I call Rogers...