sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2020 11:07 am  #1

First Syndicated Jeopardy Episode To Be Shown Again; Trebek Update

I know some here are big fans of the syndicated Jeopardy! starring Alex Trebek. Like every other show, it was forced to shut down production because of COVID-19, not to mention the host's ongoing illness. To try and bridge the gap, the producers are planning to show a plethora of Best of Jeopardy shows - including the very first episode from back in the early 80s.

In a video accompanying the announcement, a bearded Trebek says his numbers are good after his treatment for pancreatic cancer and he expects to be back at the podium whenever production resumes. The schedule for the repeats, which start next week, can be found here.

July 16, 2020 7:57 pm  #2

Re: First Syndicated Jeopardy Episode To Be Shown Again; Trebek Update

That is amazing, I love Jeopardy and Alex does a fabulous job!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

July 20, 2020 9:45 am  #3

It's not often I tout a rerun, but if you're curious what the very first episode of the Alex Trebek-hosted Jeopardy looked like, Monday night (July 20) is your chance to see it. It hasn't really aired anywhere since Sept. 10, 1984. I'll take vintage game shows for $300...

July 21, 2020 10:33 am  #4

Boy did Alex talk fast on last night's show...he is more patient now and the game flows better....

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...