sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2020 9:32 am  #1

Changes to Breakfast Television Toronto-Petersen out Sutherland on mat

Tammie Sutherland is off on maternity leave and today Dina announced Roger Petersen (who has been off air for a week or so) is a) well and b) moving on to new ventures and will not be returning to air.

I don't have a link to that...but Dina did announce it this morning at 8:50

ed:Note.   Toronto Mike confirms this news...

https://www.torontomike.com/2020/07/roger_petersen_fired_from_breakfast_television.html

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (July 14, 2020 4:22 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

July 14, 2020 1:28 pm  #2

Re: Changes to Breakfast Television Toronto-Petersen out Sutherland on mat

I don't know when this was put up, but Roger Petersen's Instagram page says this at the top:

"TV and radio. Yeah I’ve done that. Right now I’m just dad. And that’s alright by me. See you on the water."

Not sure how many people know that Roger once lived on a houseboat in Toronto. He now resides in a house.

He's also put up a goodbye video on his Twitter feed, which you can see here. He thanks viewers for tuning in and talks about his future plans. And this is written at the top of the post:

"All good things must come to an end. Won’t miss waking up at 3:30. Will miss our amazing viewers and crew. Hangin’ out the gone sailin sign."

It sounds like he's not actively seeking employment in any media at the moment. I happen to know Roger and he's a really, really good guy. I'm sorry he's run into this at this point in his career but I hope he has a good rest before the next chance comes his way. 

July 14, 2020 1:44 pm  #3

for a minute there, i thought your were going to announce that the show was going to be broadcast from the airport.

July 14, 2020 6:12 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

It sounds like he's not actively seeking employment in any media at the moment.

I wonder if that's a function of a non-compete clause/waiting period of X months before he can resurface elsewhere? If the severance package was generous he might also feel no immediate need to do anything other than relax for a bit and enjoy the rest of the summer.

July 14, 2020 6:26 pm  #5

How old is Roger Peterson? Maybe he is retiring? Or maybe CP24 would like to snatch him up as soon as a no compete clause ends...?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.