sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2020 8:05 pm  #1

Is This New Streaming Service Now In Canada A "Crown" Jewel?

There's a new streaming service now available in Canada (and sadly, it's not Hulu, HBO Max or Peacock.) But the real question is - would you pay $6 or $7 a month for this? True Royalty TV offers nothing but shows and documentaries on the Royal Family, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, just in case you don't get enough coverage of them already.

I can't envision anyone wanting to pay for this, although it's hardly a King's ransom. But I suppose there are some monarchy fans who will want to get further embroiled in this Royal circus. TV writer Bill Brioux has more on exactly what they'll be showing and how you can get this palatial package online. 

Me? I'd rather watch paint dry. (And apparently, The "Dry Paint Channel" will be coming to Canada sometime in the near future, unless Crave gets all the rights to it first!) 

True Royalty TV website

June 29, 2020 10:52 pm  #2

Re: Is This New Streaming Service Now In Canada A "Crown" Jewel?

RadioActive wrote:

There's a new streaming service now available in Canada (and sadly, it's not Hulu, HBO Max or Peacock.) But the real question is - would you pay $6 or $7 a month for this? True Royalty TV offers nothing but shows and documentaries on the Royal Family, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, just in case you don't get enough coverage of them already.

50% off before June 30th...(scroll down)
Maybe the Die Hards will pay for a full year in advance @ 50% off? 

$34.99 for one full year instead of the regular price of $69.99
$17.49 for 6 months instead of $29.99  (um...it reads "50% off but they are charging more than $15!)
There is a one week free trial and NO 50% discount for paying weekly.

Also, if those ARE the regular prices who is going to pay $69.99 for the year if 6 months is only $29.99? lol

Last edited by Radiowiz (June 29, 2020 10:59 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 30, 2020 11:31 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Me? I'd rather watch paint dry. (And apparently, The "Dry Paint Channel" will be coming to Canada sometime in the near future, 

Today's laugh...tomorrow's latest announcement.

June 30, 2020 11:34 am  #4

Apparently, it's already here and has been for a while. 

Slow TV: Fascinating viewers for hours or days at a time

And let's not forget Global's Night Walk.