sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2020 2:07 pm  #1

Jerry and Kathleen... Sittin' In a Tree??

Former Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne was a guest this morning on the Jerry Agar show on 1010.  This is about the third time she has been on his show in the last 3 or 4 weeks. The ex-preem was on the phone to talk about and give her opinion regarding the provinces new math curriculum.

When she was premier, Jerry would rail pretty much every day about the liberals incompetence, the poor leadership from Wynne and generally how the party under her and previous government Dalton McGuinty were destroying Ontario and it's economy.  Wynne, when she was premier, did appear a few times on Agar's show and he would tell her straight up that he wasn't a fan of her or her government.  On air there wasn't a lot of warm and fuzzies between the two, and at times quite combative.

So it is interesting that she seems to be a guest on his show, at least lately, as a semi regular. They actually don't sound bad together, not friendly but not as confrontational either.  She doesn't give Jerry a lot of wiggle room and he does let her speak, so there seems to be a little mutual respect going on now. 

Anyway, thought it was interesting that Kathleen was on again this morning.  Is there a possibility of more to come with these two, or is Wynne being groomed for a more active and regular role on the station in the future?  RB does seem to like former politicians as hosts and panelists.

June 24, 2020 2:14 pm  #2

Re: Jerry and Kathleen... Sittin' In a Tree??

Interesting that I happened to hear new Liberal leader Steven Del Duca on the Marc Patrone Show on Sauga 960 this A.M. just as Kathleen & Jerry were chatting. Patrone despises the former government. You want to talk about a real life Odd Couple, this was it! Still, I'll give Del Duca credit for wading into certain enemy territory (or should that be terri-"Tory?") He had to know he wouldn't be well received. 

(I was just a bit disappointed that Patrone didn't ask him how he was enjoying his swimming pool...)

It's actually been quite the week for washed up politicos on local airwaves. Jim Richards had Giorgio Mammoliti on Tuesday, asking him if he was running for mayor of Wasaga Beach. The eccentric ex-councillor didn't deny the rumour.

And then there's ex-councillor Jim Karygiannis, who was kicked off council - again - by an appeals court on Wednesday. I wonder who in the Toronto media will be first to snag an interview with the irascible now former politician?

June 24, 2020 5:26 pm  #3

In the case of this segment, it's more like, "Let's get ready to ramble."

June 24, 2020 6:10 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

...on Sauga 960 this A.M...

That thing's still going, eh?

June 24, 2020 7:20 pm  #5

He's had a very long run with his tired teabagging shtick. Could this be phase one of a retooling?