sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2020 7:13 pm  #1

Nick Dixon Leaves CTV Weekend Anchor Desk For CP24 Fulltime

Nick Dixon has been co-anchoring CTV's 6 PM Weekend News for several years now, in addition to his regular gig on CP24. But not anymore. He said a fond farewell to the crew at the tail end of Sunday's newscast, revealing he was planning to go back to the news channel fulltime. No reason was given for why he would leave the #1 OTA newscast in T.O. TV for the cable outlet or who might replace him.  

June 8, 2020 3:46 pm  #2

Re: Nick Dixon Leaves CTV Weekend Anchor Desk For CP24 Fulltime

It's cause working on the weekend sucks.

June 8, 2020 6:09 pm  #3

He hasn't been anchoring that long at CTV. His station bio says he started in October 2018. I've always found it weird for him to take a weekend position.

He left CHCH where he was the weekday evening anchor and producer. I know the folks at CHCH got screwed with that phony bankruptcy, so perhaps that's why he and many others who actually kept their jobs, still ended up wanting out.

Anyway, I assumed he took the weekend gig, waiting for Ken to leave, and would get the weekday anchor position. But with that going to Nathan, I assume he's heading back to replace Nathan on Live at 5 and 5:30 on CP24, and being a weekday anchor again. I don't have cable anymore, so someone fill me in if that's the case.

It's weird at CP24 on-air bios aren't on their website, but if you google CP24 personalities, the page does show up. So it exists, they just don't want you to find it? Yes, no?

June 14, 2020 3:22 pm  #4

Dixon's replacement debuted on Saturday. His name is Rahim Ladhani and he's worked in B.C., CTV Calgary and most recently as the morning and noon co-anchor at CTV Winnipeg. He actually started his broadcast career seven years ago right out of Seneca College. He worked as an intern at, you guessed it, CTV News in Toronto. Talk about coming full circle.

June 15, 2020 10:42 am  #5

Please tell him his jacket button is too tight.  He's very good though.

June 17, 2020 12:15 pm  #6

Brad wrote:

He hasn't been anchoring that long at CTV. His station bio says he started in October 2018. I've always found it weird for him to take a weekend position.

He left CHCH where he was the weekday evening anchor and producer. I know the folks at CHCH got screwed with that phony bankruptcy, so perhaps that's why he and many others who actually kept their jobs, still ended up wanting out.

Anyway, I assumed he took the weekend gig, waiting for Ken to leave, and would get the weekday anchor position. But with that going to Nathan, I assume he's heading back to replace Nathan on Live at 5 and 5:30 on CP24, and being a weekday anchor again. I don't have cable anymore, so someone fill me in if that's the case.

It's weird at CP24 on-air bios aren't on their website, but if you google CP24 personalities, the page does show up. So it exists, they just don't want you to find it? Yes, no?

Nick still gets to be on CTV, with Live at 5 being simulcast on both CP24 and CFTO.

I'm still betting on Bell Media finally merging the CP24 and CFTO newsrooms. They'll find a way to get around all the union issues somehow.