sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2020 6:55 pm  #1

A Highland Fling on BOOM?

Noticed that one of Toronto's newest Scottish imports, Paul Harper has landed on BOOM FM on weekends. Heard him this afternoon, and listeners were welcoming him to the station on air. I am not sure if today was his first show.

Paul is the fellow who had a bit of exposure a few months back having just moved to Toronto but still on the air on Glasgow's PURE Radio. He was doing his daily show from his home here in Toronto. I am assuming he still does his weekday show on PURE since he is only scheduled on Saturday here, but he was on earlier this afternoon.

In a Toronto Sun interview he mentioned about how Toronto was a great radio market with all the choices of stations.  He also said that to work on air in Toronto would be a dream come true.  Well guess that has happened.

Good Luck Paul! 

https://www.boom973.com/on-air/

June 9, 2020 7:34 am  #2

Re: A Highland Fling on BOOM?

Paul totally hit the ground running when he first went on air at boom. He sinks a ton of energy into his show and has had an immediate connection to our listening community. He's funny, entertaining and works the phones like a pro. Paul is our latest part-time personality and will be branching out to handle more dayparts over the summer. Thanks for noticing. 

November 15, 2020 10:32 am  #3

Re: A Highland Fling on BOOM?

He's made news back home in Scotland. But he did it from his home in Toronto. Well, at least he didn't have to worry about what song was next in rotation!

Pure radio DJ Paul Harper plays Yes Sir, I Can Boogie for three hours in world record attempt after Scotland victory