sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2020 7:08 pm  #1

Having Trouble Accessing SOWNY? It's Not You, It's Them

I've been having repeated troubles getting into the SOWNY site on Friday and it's been going on for several hours. If you've been experiencing the same issue, there's a reason for it. I received this message from Boardhost, which hosts the site. 

"We are monitoring a substantial and unanticipated increase in traffic today that has caused slowness. We will continue to work to resolve this issue. We appreciate your patience."

Not terribly helpful, I'll admit, but at least you know they know and hopefully, it will be fixed sooner than later. In the meantime, thanks for your patience!

May 22, 2020 8:08 pm  #2

Re: Having Trouble Accessing SOWNY? It's Not You, It's Them

It now appears the problem - whatever it was - has been resolved.

May 23, 2020 10:25 pm  #3

Well, I take that back. There are still issues as of Saturday night. It took me over an hour just to get into the site (as well as other Boardhost sites) and it appears they're still having issues which makes accessing SOWNY hit or miss. Sorry for the trouble, although I have no control over it. Hopefully, they'll fix it sooner than later. I've written them about it and hope they'll get back to me - if they aren't swamped with emails from people like me!

May 24, 2020 12:04 am  #4

I tried earlier as well and received this in my attempt to reach the site;.

May 24, 2020 12:46 am  #5

not your fault RA.  thanks for the update.