sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2020 3:51 pm  #1

This is a great way to boost small business and the economy

Stingray is offering grants and incentives for business owners to get the word out via radio...I think this is a brilliant idea to help boost the markets they broadcast in and also make radio available to those who wouldn't even consider the medium as part of their marketing mix.

This is what can happen when we all get creative and step out of the box.

Here's more on the story...good on Stingray...

https://stockhouse.com/news/press-releases/2020/05/07/stingray-radio-launches-the-stingray-stimulus-plan-a-15-million-radio-economic

Comments are always welcome!

Cheers and have a good weekend.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

May 8, 2020 4:08 pm  #2

Re: This is a great way to boost small business and the economy

Translation: they are running low on paid advertisers. This plan will offer freebies and give the illusion that their stop sets are fully intact. Why don't they just allow a certain clothier to call in and ramble for 5 minutes? Gosh, I miss Saaaàaaaaaaauuuuuulllll. Tommy must be lonely.

May 8, 2020 5:04 pm  #3

Re: This is a great way to boost small business and the economy

Yes, I agree good on Stingray. It's interesting that they are the newbie company in terms of OTA broadcasting and they have come up with this program. Stingray's stations will sound more plugged into the community and in the long run they will pick up some new paid advertisers. 

Any business that has never advertised on radio might be surprised at the response. There are hundreds of companies with money to spend that never advertise on radio, and here is a no risk opportunity for them, and Stingray has nothing to lose and potentially much to gain.   This is a smart move, and a great way to build relationships with new potential customers.