sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 29, 2020 11:59 am  #1

Who Is The Official Host Of The City's #1 Morning Radio Show?

It's now been almost five months since Matt Galloway left CBC Radio 1's Metro Morning, which regularly takes the top spot in the all-important morning show ratings. Yet despite a search of the net and the Corp's own website, I still can't find out who the official host is. 

Have they ever actually named a successor to Galloway? I admit I don't listen to it on a regular basis, but last I heard veteran David Common was fronting it. But I don't think he's the permanent replacement. So who is?

The CBC homepage for the show comes up as a "404 Error," which is odd. Maybe it's just down for the moment, although all their other show pages work just fine. Another page shows the hosts from all their other programs, but only Jill Dempsey turns up for MM, and only as a news reader. 

I can't recall a major morning program going this long without a replacement - especially one that's in first place. If Common was officially chosen, I can't find any evidence of it. Have they ever actually told us who's fronting this thing now? If not, what in the world are they waiting for?