sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2020 10:52 pm  #1

How Bob McCown Predicted Fanless Games & Why He Misses Being On Air

The Star reports on the now retired Fan 590 host, who relates that he once considered getting a licence for an all sports network - which eventually became TSN. And that he now misses his old gig just a bit. 

“I’m at the point now where I’m starting to miss being on the air,” McCown said. “I went for a while where I didn’t mind at all. Getting paid to do nothing wasn’t so bad. I get champing at the bit now and then. But I’m working at a whole bunch of stuff.”

Former broadcaster Bob McCown played Nostradamus more than three decades ago and predicted sports without fans

April 29, 2020 3:16 pm  #2

Re: How Bob McCown Predicted Fanless Games & Why He Misses Being On Air

RadioActive wrote:

The Star reports on the now retired Fan 590 host, who relates that he once considered getting a licence for an all sports network - which eventually became TSN. And that he now misses his old gig just a bit. 

“I’m at the point now where I’m starting to miss being on the air,” McCown said. “I went for a while where I didn’t mind at all. Getting paid to do nothing wasn’t so bad. I get champing at the bit now and then. But I’m working at a whole bunch of stuff.”

Former broadcaster Bob McCown played Nostradamus more than three decades ago and predicted sports without fans

If paywall prevents viewing:  

https://outline.com/VYXwDF

Last edited by Media Observer (April 29, 2020 3:17 pm)