sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2020 7:38 am  #1

Global TV launches a new weekend morning news show via their app

Global has an app for that.

They launched a weekend morning news show available on their app. It is with younger hosts and is to appeal to a younger, hipper skew...

Here is more on the story...

My question is, would you watch it on your cell phone? Me? Not so much...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6862582/global-news-weekend-morning-show-launch/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

April 26, 2020 3:38 pm  #2

Re: Global TV launches a new weekend morning news show via their app

Actually that was a good bit that Aalia Adam and Mike Arsenault did together, light humour and entertaining.  Just a couple of hip, youngish, slightly alternative, regular folks.

They should run this on the network though. Global only has a couple of paid programming slots 7-10am on Sunday morning.  I am sure Dr. Ho and Chef Tony wouldn't mind having a different time slot.

Would I watch on my phone?   Nope. I don't enjoy watching video or even reading lengthy articles on my cell.

April 26, 2020 6:16 pm  #3

I don't know anyone under 65 who can't send video from their phone to a bigger screen with one click. Dismissing video apps as "watching on your phone" is ridiculous. 

April 26, 2020 7:29 pm  #4

RadioAaron wrote:

I don't know anyone under 65 who can't send video from their phone to a bigger screen with one click. Dismissing video apps as "watching on your phone" is ridiculous. 

Global doesn't have much going on Sunday morning,  so why not put this new show on the network as well?  CTV, City, and CBC all have a rehashed hodge podge of repeat programming.  Global could very well dominate this time block with fresh, new information programming and news.  No brainer don't you think?  More people would initially discover the show on TV than the app anyway.  

Last edited by paterson1 (April 27, 2020 12:24 am)