sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2020 8:40 pm  #1

Nova Scotia Remembers

Don't know if any of you caught the "Virtual Vigil" on CTV and CBC news channels.  Nova Scotia Remembers, A Loving Tribute was dedicated to the families, friends  and citizens of last weekends tragedy in Nova Scotia.  Just a beautiful memorial and tribute. Even though people are physically apart right now, the virtual vigil had a strong bond of togetherness that hopefully was felt by the citizens of Colchester county,  indeed the whole province.

Words of love, kindness, sadness and inspiration from artists, politicians, athletes, personalities and everyday people.  And of course, the music, doing what Nova Scotians always do in times of sadness and hurt.   A touching and sincere remembrance that truly was a loving tribute, dedicated to all these wonderful people and the small communities, that are hurting so much right now.

April 24, 2020 10:56 pm  #2

Re: Nova Scotia Remembers

we have good friends that live very close to where the gunman was killed. i've driven by that location numerous times (when we lived in n.s.). we're grateful they're safe.

April 25, 2020 7:16 am  #3

Re: Nova Scotia Remembers

Sometimes I watch 100 Huntley St. at 8 pm at night on YES TV.

I actually find it life affirming and I am not an overly religious dude, I am more spiritual,  but I do like the message of hope on this show.

Last night they did a good thoughtful treatment of the Nova Scotia shooting...here is a link to watch if you feel moved too...Oh and if you feel flat someday's they do offer a complimentary prayer line which is helpful to boost you back up.

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (April 25, 2020 7:17 am)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...