sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2020 10:00 pm  #1

The New XFL football league had good ratings to start!

The new XFL league had surprisingly decent numbers in week one with an average of 2.9 million viewers stateside...

But, come week 2...those numbers dropped to 2.3 million. One reason is not one Quarterback has thrown for more than 300 yards...even the CFL is better.

The XFL is owned by the World Wresting Entertainment people...although it is only week 2, I wonder if the fan base can be had and grow and if the T.V. ratings will climb? I have a gut feeling it may...but it will take a year or 3, a luxury of time that I am not sure this league has.

Here's more on the ratings for the new XFL...oh and if you do watch, warning and a spoiler alert, the uniforms are a bit mmm...a bit austentatious  or colourful and not in a good way...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876931-xfls-week-2-games-on-abc-average-23m-viewers-down-from-29m-in-week-1

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (February 19, 2020 7:21 am)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 18, 2020 10:29 pm  #2

Re: The New XFL football league had good ratings to start!

I watched some of the first game. The crowd seemed into it, and ABC was trying hard. As long as they don't make the game or broadcasts too gimmicky or fake like WWE. Some of the plays were pretty bad however, a lot of poor throws. But better to judge in a few months when they get over opening season jitters. I am sure the games will get better, but as far as ratings go, that would be anyone's guess.

February 18, 2020 10:35 pm  #3

Anyone remember a previous attempt to do this? It only lasted three seasons. 

February 19, 2020 12:25 am  #4

grilled.cheese wrote:

WWE, not WWF.  World Wrestling Entertainment. 

Don't be a stickler.  It's only been 20 years.  People here still call fridges ice boxes.

Last edited by Prod Guy (February 19, 2020 12:26 am)

February 19, 2020 10:37 am  #5

Prod Guy wrote:

grilled.cheese wrote:

WWE, not WWF.  World Wrestling Entertainment. 

Don't be a stickler.  It's only been 20 years.  People here still call fridges ice boxes.

I believe our buddy Prod Guy thinks that many of us posting on SOWNY are similar to Ralph Kramden, Dated, out of touch, not current etc.  All I can say is.."oh your're a riot Alice...a regular riot..."  Thank you... 

April 14, 2020 12:59 pm  #6