sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2020 9:08 am  #1

One of the advantages of all this free time

I finally got around to ridding myself of all Bell entanglements. The final piece of the puzzle was Bell TV, which I cancelled this morning.

I moved to Start.ca (based in London, ON) which provides TV over the Internet. Less money. Very quick customer support. No satellite downtime in bad weather. Small town company that I'm happy to support.

Interestingly, I found that Start's TV distribution rights come through Corus.

Free at last
Free at last
Lord God Almighty
Free at last.

April 8, 2020 10:13 am  #2

Re: One of the advantages of all this free time

Woohoo!!!!  My wife & I abandoned Bell just after our 2012 wedding... since then, we've been Cogeco customers for Internet, TV (including the TiVo box that my wife loves) & home phone... cell phones run on the Rogers network.  Outages on both around here are very rare and short-lived.

April 8, 2020 10:24 am  #3

I happily divorced Bell around 2008, after one of Bell's own techs admitted I wasn't getting the speeds I was paying for. When I told Bell I'd been paying for a specific rate for over a decade and wondered what they were going to do about it - even up to giving me a rebate - they didn't offer me a single thing to make up for it. In fact, their silence was deafening. 

It was so loud, I called up Teksavvy and signed up there for decent speeds at a far less expensive rate. Despite their recent price hike - ironically, partially forced by Bell and the others in the telecommunications cabal - I've never regretted the move for a second. Their service has been excellent from day one, with only one prolonged outage that lasted about three very long days.

The reason for the delay in fixing it - they were using Bell lines at the time and Bell refused to expedite the repair because it wasn't involving one of their own customers. So even when I wasn't a subscriber any more, they were still screwing with me.

After a complaint and a fight by Teksavvy, they stopped doing that and I haven't had any real problems since.   

April 8, 2020 11:04 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

... I called up Teksavvy and signed up there for decent speeds at a far less expensive rate. Despite their recent price hike - ironically, partially forced by Bell and the others in the telecommunications cabal - I've never regretted the move for a second. .." 

I 2nd the shout-out for Teksavvy : )) ..