sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2020 4:57 pm  #1

Nearly Every Bell Station To Air The “Live Aid” Of The Coronavirus

Remember when the Live Aid concert aired around the world back in 1985? Well, I guess you could call this the sequel, only for the coronavirus  - and without a live audience. A huge virtual concert has been announced, sponsored by something called Global Citizen International

“One World: Together At Home” will air on almost every single entity owned by Bell Media, including CTV, CTV2, TSN, CP24, MUCH, MTV Canada, Crave and on some of Bell’s radio stations across the country. (I’m hoping CFRB won’t be one of them – they have enough outlets to air it properly on their stereo FM stations nationwide.) Performers include John Legend, Lady Gaga, Eddie Vedder, Billie Eilish, Jennifer Hudson, Alanis Morrissette, Keith Urban, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Lizzo – just to name a few. (You can see the full list here.)

It will also air simultaneously on NBC, ABC and CBS, and be streamed online via Apple, Facebook and Amazon Prime. The BBC will broadcast it in the U.K., and the show will be fronted by just about every major U.S. late night host – Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert.

How they plan to put this together with no one in the same place is beyond me, but I’m grateful I’m not having to do the logistics of this massive undertaking. The show is in honour of and raising funds for health care workers around the world and the World Health Organization and aims to get people to pledge to stay home and flatten the curve.

(I was staying home and flattening my curve, but the neighbours were offended, so I had to move away from the window…)

It airs Saturday, April 18th at 8 PM EDT, although how that will play live in time zones around the world where it’s the middle of the night is another question.

More details here.

Bell press release

April 7, 2020 8:54 am  #2

Re: Nearly Every Bell Station To Air The “Live Aid” Of The Coronavirus

RadioActive wrote:

The show is in honour of and raising funds for health care workers around the world and the World Health Organization and aims to get people to pledge to stay home and flatten the curve.

The World Health Organization has been a disaster throughout this crisis and a barefaced apologist for the Communist Party of China. Sending them any more money now is hopelessly naïve.

April 14, 2020 5:41 pm  #3

Re: Nearly Every Bell Station To Air The “Live Aid” Of The Coronavirus

Rogers & Corus have joined the fray, and will be airing the concert on CityTV and Global, as well as streaming it on their websites. Rogers will also put this on "select" Kiss stations, while Bell will use some of its Virgin brands on the radio.

Corus Entertainment, Rogers Sports & Media join Bell Media for One World concert