sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2020 7:04 am  #1

It's the final episode of Modern Family tomorrow night

I really loved the story lines, the characters, the tug on the heart, the corny puns (like an BBQ Apron Cam would where, that said, "Cam and get it") and humour of Modern Family. Tomorrrow night on ABC it is the airing of the final episode, after 13 seasons.

I for one will miss the show, what says you big yella?

Here's more on the story...

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/modern-family-cast-shares-memories-series-finale-nears-70009555

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

April 7, 2020 7:25 am  #2

Re: It's the final episode of Modern Family tomorrow night

It's hard to see a quality show go, but this one's time has certainly come. I have the perfect ending for it, although I doubt they'd ever do it.

If you know the show, the characters at some point do cutaways talking to an unseen camera crew about what they were thinking in a previous scene. I hope they finally address this invisible entity in the very last episode, because it's never been explained who they're talking to.

My idea is that in the very final scene, you get to see this long hidden crew, and the director says something like "OK, that's a wrap! You know what? There's nothing here worth using. Just forget the whole thing. Let's go!"

Fade to black.

They'll never do it, but what a great twist and what a surreal ending that would be.

It wouldn't be everyone's taste but it would make me laugh out loud.

April 12, 2020 3:21 pm  #3

Re: It's the final episode of Modern Family tomorrow night

RadioActive wrote:

It's hard to see a quality show go, but this one's time has certainly come. I have the perfect ending for it, although I doubt they'd ever do it.

If you know the show, the characters at some point do cutaways talking to an unseen camera crew about what they were thinking in a previous scene. I hope they finally address this invisible entity in the very last episode, because it's never been explained who they're talking to.

My idea is that in the very final scene, you get to see this long hidden crew, and the director says something like "OK, that's a wrap! You know what? There's nothing here worth using. Just forget the whole thing. Let's go!"

Fade to black.

They'll never do it, but what a great twist and what a surreal ending that would be.

It wouldn't be everyone's taste but it would make me laugh out loud.

Speaking of the documentary aspect, I see I wasn't the only one wondering about this. According to TV Line, there originally was an explanation about who was shooting the family's story:

"In the original pilot, it was being recorded by a Dutch exchange student who would have been a character/fallen for one of the daughters. But that element was deemed cumbersome/got scrapped/never made it to air."

But then I saw this surreal explanation of who really was behind the lens all that time. According to the late night host himself, it was Jimmy Kimmel. If you were a fan of the show and missed this short video, it's well worth watching. Now THIS is how it really should have ended! (This was obviously filmed before the shelter in place order came into effect. But it's still great.)