sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2020 8:53 am  #1

Corus Overnight - Drex Rocks!!

Of all the overnights that I can pick up on the air these nights, I have to say that The Shift with Drex is my favourite. It is so nice to hear decent conversation, be it Drex and his crew or his callers, as opposed to the right wing wackadoodles that seem to populate the American airwaves. The show is informative, entertaining, generally upbeat and soulful. This is what radio should be.

April 3, 2020 9:00 am  #2

Re: Corus Overnight - Drex Rocks!!

I agree, good show, well done.

April 3, 2020 10:24 am  #3

Drex is a SOWNY board member and sometimes even posts here, so I'm sure he'll be heartened by your praise. In these tough times, live overnight radio is more important than ever, kind of like a soothing night light in an ocean of darkness. I'm glad he's on, too. 

April 5, 2020 9:34 pm  #4

Thanks all, 

We have a lot of fun putting the show together. 
Bobby & I are both working from home right now, and Matt is at HQ running the board
and screening all the calls. It's been tough with some of the calls...a lot of folks are scared.
We've been going live 7 nights a week the last month with Shane Hewitt & Eric Chapman helping out when I need a couple of days off.

Thanks again for tuning in, and we appreciate the support!!

drex

April 5, 2020 10:55 pm  #5

It would be great if Corus put this show on some of their medium and smaller market music stations....cities and towns with no real local news/talk station. Give people in those areas a reason to connect with stations that are otherwise jukeboxes 18 hours a day.

April 6, 2020 6:13 pm  #6

Drex is the subject of a Broadcast Dialogue podcast, in which he talks about hosting the overnight show and why it's needed now more than ever. 

The Shift with Drex on late night radio’s place in a time of crises

April 6, 2020 8:19 pm  #7

Dave Scott is good people.

grilled.cheese wrote:

I enjoy hearing my boy, Dave Scott, with Drex.