sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2020 8:21 pm  #1

wtf, roger's sportsnet?

i just saw something, on roger's sportsnet that made me say, wtf?

a few minutes ago, they (sportsnet) aired wwe wrestling matches. were they old classic matches? nope, they were created during this current pandemic! no crowds, just wrestlers going full contact (as many as 3 at a time). talk about irresponsible! i can just imagine the length of the liability waivers (for participants and production crew). meanwhile, closer to home, what are some of the canadian "fans" going to think? "well, it can't be all that bad out there!" yes, not everybody "get's it", when it comes to the hazards (individually and to the public at large) of getting too near people during a pandemic, but you'd think rogers would know! many of us are doing the right thing, while a national network (owned by rogers) is promoting the wrong thing! ok, so there were warnings displayed...  warnings dealing with the violence depicted. why couldn't they issue another warning... about the stupidity depicted? i guess a (somewhat) sport's based soap opera is considered to be essential... i guess.

March 27, 2020 10:56 pm  #2

Re: wtf, roger's sportsnet?

grilled.cheese wrote:

Oh thanks for the reminder.  I forgot it was on tonight.

cheers

don't forget the pretzels!

March 28, 2020 6:31 am  #3

Re: wtf, roger's sportsnet?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.