sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2016 9:36 am  #31

Re: Changes at Flow 93.5 (CFXJ)?

Don wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

I believe the plan is to hire Tarzan Dan for mornings or afternoon drive on 93.5. 

Good lord. He'd be better on boom. He never played the "Move" music in Toronto in the first place....no real connection to the audience. Love him, but it this happens, it's the old-guy boardroom crew being completely out of ideas. So it might.

The music playlist does show some throwbacks from Tarzan's time at 680 CFTR, and possibly AM 640.
He never played the 70's or 80's music either.
He didn't even surface in Toronto (as Tarzan Dan) until 1990. 
The ironic part if he ends up on Move is, wasn't he let go from CISS when it went rhythmic??

Last edited by Radiowiz (March 5, 2016 9:37 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 5, 2016 2:02 pm  #32

Don wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

I believe the plan is to hire Tarzan Dan for mornings or afternoon drive on 93.5. 

Good lord. He'd be better on boom. He never played the "Move" music in Toronto in the first place....no real connection to the audience. Love him, but it this happens, it's the old-guy boardroom crew being completely out of ideas. So it might.

Reminds me of listening to a young DJ on a station with an oldies format announcing "Max Webster and his band" .  

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

March 5, 2016 3:32 pm  #33

I also like Kim Mitchell.  "She's" a good singer.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

March 5, 2016 3:52 pm  #34

So is that guy Jethro Tull.

Jody Thornton wrote:

I also like Kim Mitchell.  "She's" a good singer.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

March 7, 2016 4:46 am  #35

Here2day wrote:

Don wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

I agree. Heck even move Maie Pauts over to Move as at least some of the throwbacks were played during her time at CHUM.

The Move plays a lot music from the 90's and he was in Toronto for a good chunk of the 90's.

This isn't likely being considered anyway. Someone suggested this on his Twitter. That's how this rumour got started.

March 14, 2016 12:45 pm  #36

Stacey Thompson from Boom is doing the midday shift today. Not sure if it's permanent or a fill in.