sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2020 8:46 pm  #1

Pete & Geets but Not Pete and Geets

The popular Toronto radio team of Pete and Geets but not together. They were both together on CHUM FM and CFNY but not on these air checks.The first clip is from CHUM FM from October 22, 1971 and the second clip is from CFNY from Dec 12, 1985.The CHUM FM clip features Petre Griffin and David Pritchard as Pritchard has ended his show with the electronics  piece by Terry Riley  called “A Rainbow in Curved Air.”   Pritchard actually had an electronic music show on the early CFNY in 1977 which was called A Rainbow in Curved Air.  I heard the promo for it so many times that I can still remember it. Pete makes up a fake name for Riley.The second clip features Geets Romo and Ted Woloshyn.  Pete was off.  You will also hear newsman Mike Stafford and Fred Patterson with sports.  A nice companion piece to a  longer 1983 air check with Pete and Geets that I have posted previously to the Radio Corner.

Pete and Geets 1971/1985

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

March 10, 2020 9:06 pm  #2

Re: Pete & Geets but Not Pete and Geets

Wow, at 6:05 into the 2nd clip (the one on the bottom) Mike Stafford does news and of course it is Ted Woloshyn hosting with Geets as his sidekick...what fabulous radio, thanks Fitz for posting this.

Cheers

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 10, 2020 10:37 pm  #3

Re: Pete & Geets but Not Pete and Geets

I agree, a good morning show and so many big stories in Mike Stafford's newscast. Plane crash in Gander, GE buying RCA, Toyota announcing the new plant in Cambridge, their second plant in North America. Interesting that the facility originally employed 1,400 people. Today the Cambridge plant has about 6,500 employees and has been expanded twice since the original was built.

Loved how Ted speculated that Letterman would likely give GE a hard time with the buyout of RCA.  He was bang on with that assessment!  Letterman was like an annoying gnat for the GE executives every night for months. Letterman would call them "the weasels from GE."  There are rumours that claim this is the big reason why Dave didn't get the Tonight Show after Johnny Carson retired.  The executives at GE couldn't stand Letterman, and the new owners overruled Carson to make sure Letterman didn't inherit the Tonight Show.