sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2020 9:24 pm  #1

Bless Oakley's heart

After listening to this afternoon's panel, it's clear that he's not up to the job.

February 21, 2020 9:34 pm  #2

Re: Bless Oakley's heart

why not?

February 21, 2020 10:57 pm  #3

Not up to the job? Seriously? Oakley in my opinion is one of the best.  Better than the frat boys on 1010.
Guess today was not a great day for talk radio then?? 

February 22, 2020 12:57 pm  #4

Chrisphen wrote:

it's clear that he's not up to the job 

- you disapprove of his or his guests political slant(s)?
 - your radio dial is frozen at 640 so you can't tune in alternatives?
 - you acquired Corus shares at $20 and you're upset about the recent price (me too)
 - you're mad that he attended the Super Bowl and didn't invite you along?
 - other reasons?    Please be specific.    SOWNY is here to help you thru your crisis 

February 22, 2020 3:50 pm  #5

Chrisphen wrote:

After listening to this afternoon's panel, it's clear that he's not up to the job.

I listened to the panel. On the contrary, Johnny is one of the best, and he has not lost a step, still hitting the high notes like a young harlequin.

Your post says nothing about Oakley. I suppose it was meant more to say something about you then. Not sure what exactly, since you did not even share your point.

February 22, 2020 6:08 pm  #6

6079 Smith W wrote:

...still hitting the high notes like a young harlequin.

He was more of a castrato yesterday, son. That could just be my radio, though. It's of good quality. 

​But that's not the point. I'll leave debates of acoustic acumen to the sound experts. What was notable about the Great Rhetorician (and alleged Smartest Living Man in Radio) was his response to a panelist calmly rebutting all of his topic framing.

"I don't care!" is not a winning strategy as a host and moderator. It became his only response.