sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2020 9:45 pm  #1

After 15 Years Criminal Minds Last Shows Tonight

Didn't realize that this is the final night for Criminal Minds which will have two back to back episodes this evening at 9 and 10pm on CTV and CBS. 

Piece of trivia- The pilot which was also the first episode of Criminal Minds was shot in Vancouver.  When the show was picked up by CBS the intent was that the series would be filmed in Vancouver. Mandy Patinkin said he would only star  if the program was filmed in California. He didn't want to commute to Vancouver. Patinkin left the show early in the third season, he felt the series was too violent with many shows focused on murders of women.  Joe Montegna replaced Patinkin in the third season.

Criminal Minds is still a hit show for CTV after 15 years, showing up as the #9 show in the latest Numeris ratings with over 1.4 million viewers on CTV. On CBS the most recent ratings had the show with 4.3 million viewers all persons 2+.

Last edited by paterson1 (February 19, 2020 9:48 pm)

February 21, 2020 10:45 am  #2

Re: After 15 Years Criminal Minds Last Shows Tonight

I'm going to miss it. Of all the shows that have lasted as long as it has, I believe the quality never wavered, despite numerous cast changes and departures. 

I just watched the finale last night on my DVR. They did a good job of incorporating former major characters by way of flashbacks without using them gratuitously, and ***SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT***, the show ends with a bang (or rather, a boom, and more like three-quarters towards the end). 

Some loose ends were tied up, others were left ambiguous, but overall, a satisfying end to a great show. 

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!