sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2020 4:57 pm  #1

A Big Disservice To Listeners

We can argue whether a station whose format is based on current events should air nothing but rerolls, but there's no harm in giving staff Family Day off (although it's a provincial holiday and not an official stat - and broadcast is federally regulated.)

Which brings us to GNR640, which has been in old mold for the entire day (while its competition at 1010 is live).

The problem? Almost every time I've turned on the Corus station while out running errands in the car, the conversation has been abruptly cut off, sometimes right in the middle of a sentence. At one point, they were airing an interview about how to spot a certain phone scam. The "expert" guest had just said something like, "But the way to tell is to--." This was immediately followed by the traffic stinger and an announcer telling me there are no real issues because it's a holiday. I never did hear the end of the interview.

It wasn't the first time this happened on Monday. Unfinished thoughts, incomplete interviews, cut off sentences seem to have been chronic on the station all day.

All I can say to them is that if you're going to air endless rerolls, at least time them out properly so that whoever is talking is not cut off in the middle of a sentence. (And there's no excuse since you know when the statement ends!) Otherwise, it's a terrible disservice to the listeners who decided to spend part of their time off with your station.

And it's terribly annoying when it just stops sudd---

February 17, 2020 5:08 pm  #2

Re: A Big Disservice To Listeners

They provide a service to listeners? A bold posit, son.