sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2020 3:56 pm  #1

I want Erin O'Toole to win the PC leaders race, said no CBC staff ever

Progressive Conservative leadership hopeful Erin O'Toole announces cuts to the CBC and Privatization of the "Mother Corp".

On the bright side, he'd leave Radio Canada alone...he better or you'd see riots in the streets of Montreal that would go beyond that of when Rocket Richard was suspended during the play-offs, or if they cut off sales of Poutine indefinitely in Quebec...and if the Habs won the Stanley Cup.

Here is more on the story, https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/conservative-leadership-candidate-erin-otoole-would-slash-funding-privatize-cbc-english-tv-and-digital

Is this too brash and bold? 

Will this get him votes or cost him in his quest for leader of the PC party?

My sense is it's not that big an issue, there are more pressing things to deal with like the current Pipeline issue and subsequent blockade and a dissatisfied Quebec and Alberta who both want out...plus our economy kind of tanked in  the latter half of 2019.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 14, 2020 5:52 pm  #2

Re: I want Erin O'Toole to win the PC leaders race, said no CBC staff ever

Low-hanging fruit. Pandering to the base. Thank you, next.

February 14, 2020 8:41 pm  #3

Interesting that it was a Conservative government that created what would become the CBC.

February 14, 2020 9:44 pm  #4

I don't mind Erin O'Toole at all, but the conservatives have got to get over their fixation of the CBC and the threats with cuts or privatizing of the English network.  This is not going to get you elected, and whether they like it or not, many progressive conservatives like the CBC.  Canada has many more important issues to deal with than the minority that always hate the CBC and the corps supposed left slant.  CBC is a pretty good deal for $32 a year for every Canadian.  Hopefully O'Toole doesn't continue to pander to this small group who seem to have a chip on their shoulder.  Sure CBC could use some changes and steamlining.. but get rid of the English network, not a smart move, and it won't get you many votes.