sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2020 9:55 pm  #1

Surprising Numbers In Age-Ranked "Who's Addicted To Radio?" Survey

If you trust these results, there are more Millennials listening to FM and AM than you might think - and the numbers are equally surprising about Baby Boomers and their media addictions. 

You can see the breakdown of the numbers and the interpretation of what they may mean here. 

From the article:

"The numbers addicted to FM and AM radio actually go UP when we drop the Baby Boomers out of the sample."

Addictive Devices By Age 

February 3, 2020 10:17 pm  #2

Re: Surprising Numbers In Age-Ranked "Who's Addicted To Radio?" Survey

The Gen Z / AM Radio number is one of the most absurd, laughable stats I've seen in quite some time.

February 3, 2020 10:29 pm  #3

Re: Surprising Numbers In Age-Ranked "Who's Addicted To Radio?" Survey

I also have a great deal of trouble believing this survey and there's no indication of how they arrived at these numbers, beyond that it's a sample of some 4,000 people.

But I've read story after story in recent years indicating that many Millennials don't use or even own a radio. (Indeed, I recall one in which they were asked how to operate a radio and didn't know. I also remember I once asked a young nephew of mine in the Millennial age group if he'd ever heard of AM radio. He hadn't.) So I'm rather skeptical, as well.

Still, this company claims to have been in the survey biz for more than 25 years and they stand by their numbers.