sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2015 1:08 pm  #1

News Network Hit With Allegations Of Bias, Sexism & Prejudice

Never mind the troubles at the CBC. I'll be very interested to watch this one unfold. 

Al Jazeera Hit With Lawsuit Alleging Anti-Semitism, Sexism, Journalistic Bias

There are a lot of people who've long suspected this to be the case. If the allegations are proven in court, do you suppose any of the cable or satellite systems carrying this station will voluntarily remove it?

June 12, 2015 1:17 pm  #2

Re: News Network Hit With Allegations Of Bias, Sexism & Prejudice

Tony Burman's take would be interesting (he didn't last long with them)

June 12, 2015 1:24 pm  #3

That would be very interesting. I've always found Burman to be totally onside with Al Jazeera, defending the network whenever anything about it comes up. While I would never accuse him of being anti-Semitic, there is often a tinge of anti-Israel bias in his columns, where he routinely criticizes the country every chance he gets. I don't want to turn this into a dialogue on who's right or wrong in the Middle East, but I will say it's almost impossible for any country to always be wrong in everything they do. That goes for both sides in this seemingly never-ending dispute. but you wouldn't know it from reading Mr. Burman's previously published prose.

This should be a very revealing case to watch, if it ever gets to court.

Last edited by RadioActive (June 12, 2015 1:26 pm)

June 12, 2015 1:45 pm  #4

It might not be a coincidence that Burman landed at the Star & not the National Post?