sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2020 5:47 pm  #1

Brian Master

I have been listening to Brian Master since probably the early to mid 70's.    CHUM-FM in its glory days, then I believe he was the first music director at Q-107 when they went on the air in late 70's.
   Most recently he has been doing afternoon drive at 88.5 The Jewel in Toronto but now they are running promos for their new afternoon guy.
   Brian has to be in his 70's or very close and has had a very long and distinguished career.     I hope he is leaving by his own choice and not being pushed out.
   Anyone know.

February 1, 2020 6:07 pm  #2

Re: Brian Master

???? 
Kent Chambers is still being credited to the other Jewel station. 
Who is doing afternoons there? Is he doing both stations now? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 1, 2020 7:16 pm  #3

Just a Radio Fan wrote:

I have been listening to Brian Master since probably the early to mid 70's.    CHUM-FM in its glory days, then I believe he was the first music director at Q-107 when they went on the air in late 70's.
   Most recently he has been doing afternoon drive at 88.5 The Jewel in Toronto but now they are running promos for their new afternoon guy.
   Brian has to be in his 70's or very close and has had a very long and distinguished career.     I hope he is leaving by his own choice and not being pushed out.
   Anyone know.

I actually first heard Brian Master on a St Catharines station where he was doing a free form show in 1972 on Saturdays I think. The only thing I remember about that is that he played an album track by the Association.

Also if memory serves me correctly he was not with Q 107 right at the start. He may have joined around 1978. Around the time that Geets also went to Q from CHUM FM.

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

February 1, 2020 7:19 pm  #4

Radiowiz wrote:

???? 
Kent Chambers is still being credited to the other Jewel station. 
Who is doing afternoons there? Is he doing both stations now? 

No. They promoted someone else at Jewel 92.1, but haven't updated the website.

February 1, 2020 7:48 pm  #5

Fitz wrote:

Just a Radio Fan wrote:

Anyone know.

I actually first heard Brian Master on a St Catharines station where he was doing a free form show in 1972 on Saturdays I think. The only thing I remember about that is that he played an album track by the Association.

Also if memory serves me correctly he was not with Q 107 right at the start. He may have joined around 1978. Around the time that Geets also went to Q from CHUM FM.

I enjoyed listening to Brian Master from his CHSC days.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

February 1, 2020 9:02 pm  #6

Not to mention the decades he spent doing PM drive on CHFI. Loved “Stump The Chump” with Daryl Dahmer.

February 1, 2020 9:06 pm  #7

I think he's got a (good) career in real estate sales.  He sponsors segments on Toronto Mike if I recall,  Keller-Williams Realty

https://www.rew.ca/agents/103733/brian-master

February 3, 2020 12:01 am  #8

Kent Chambers came from Jewel 92.1.

Craig Fox, a swing announcer (also from Jewel 92.1) has taken over the afternoon drive from Kent.

February 9, 2020 5:22 pm  #9

Found this in an old drawer. It's the Q-107 line-up from the time Brian Master was there, around August 1979. Interestingly, he's listed only as "Various," while Geets Romo gets the designation of "Fun." And then there's the infamous "Warren Down" on Traffic. 

February 9, 2020 5:54 pm  #10

RadioActive wrote:

Found this in an old drawer. It's the Q-107 line-up from the time Brian Master was there, around August 1979. Interestingly, he's listed only as "Various," while Geets Romo gets the designation of "Fun." And then there's the infamous "Warren Down" on Traffic. 

Very nice and clean. Don't recall seeing this before. Did you pick it up at a record store .?

Last edited by Fitz (February 9, 2020 6:03 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

February 9, 2020 6:04 pm  #11

I have no idea where it came from, just that it wound up in my collection. But a record store seems a likely spot to have found it.