sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2020 10:18 pm  #1

Grammy Awards

Alicia Keys so far is doing a great job hosting the Grammy Awards. Very nice speech at the top regarding Kobe Bryant and music. She handled what must have been a big last minute change and a real challenge and tied everything in together very well. Her calmness during her short speech was welcome and very appropriate.

Interesting that during the broadcast on City there have been two CBC commercials. One promoting the Juno Awards in March and the other promoting CBC Listen.  The only other time I have seen something sort of similar was for the Michael Buble special last March which aired at the same time on City and CTV2. Never did understand why this happened but City tv, CTV and CTV2 did cross promo for the special. But these would not be paid ads like the CBC commercials tonight on City.

January 27, 2020 12:55 am  #2

Re: Grammy Awards

I saw the CBC ads as well. Only thing I can think is CBC is towed something from the Rogers Hockey package and this spot exposes music lovrs to CBC APPs.

January 27, 2020 6:08 pm  #3

Re: Grammy Awards

Yes, there could be some contra involved. 

The Grammy Awards were a real change last night for many reasons, and were down a little in the ratings.  In past years the show has been criticized for being too safe and mainstream, but not last night.
The program marked a real movement to new music and artists, some groups and singers would not be familiar to many viewers.  Last night was Alicia Keys second time hosting and she proved to be a good choice in my opinion, on a difficult evening.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/grammy-awards-tv-ratings-sunday-jan-26-2020-1273590