sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2020 6:48 pm  #1

Desmond Cole Leaving CFRB Next Month

He announced on Sunday that Feb. 9th would be his final show on the station. He's been there many years, and was allowed to stay even after physically and somewhat obscenely disrupting a Police Services Board meeting in 2017 to protest carding. That stunt cost him his job writing columns for the Toronto Star, who told him it was against their policy to be both an activist and a columnist.

Not sure what will replace him, or whether this signals a change in CFRB's overall Sunday afternoon line-up.

January 19, 2020 7:49 pm  #2

Re: Desmond Cole Leaving CFRB Next Month

He also violently and thuggishly besmirched Rob Ford's honourable memory live on air at CFRB after herr God Emperor's passing. Audio of which has still not been made available to the public. Why does CFRB so passionately defend these types?

Last edited by Chrisphen (January 19, 2020 7:49 pm)

January 20, 2020 12:39 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

He announced on Sunday that Feb. 9th would be his final show on the station. He's been there many years, and was allowed to stay even after physically and somewhat obscenely disrupting a Police Services Board meeting in 2017 to protest carding. That stunt cost him his job writing columns for the Toronto Star, who told him it was against their policy to be both an activist and a columnist.

Not sure what will replace him, or whether this signals a change in CFRB's overall Sunday afternoon line-up.

=12pxThe Star let him go because of his public activism, not because of anything violent or obscene, as you seem to be implying.  It's also interesting that I have never heard any comments by white hosts on CFRB described as "violent and thuggish."

January 20, 2020 9:22 am  #4

Was not a fan .. 

The few times I caught Mr. Cole's radio show, all I heard was a host badgering his guests to agree with him.  He refused to accept there can be other views than his own.

I'll acknowledge that maybe I just happened to catch outlier shows but his bully behavior was in no way compelling me to listen further.

Last edited by g121 (January 20, 2020 9:23 am)